Re: A patch for gconv

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 09:25:53AM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com> writes:
>
> > "make check" was ok under glibc 2.1.3/ia64 until the patch enclosed
> > here was installed. "make check" failed in iconvdata on
>
> Then this has to be examined and not something different changed.

Can you give me one good reason why "make check" should even bother
with /usr/lib/gconv, given that /usr/lib/gconv contains files specific
to the previous version of glibc and "make check" checks the glibc
being built? Please keep in mind that /usr/lib/gconv from the previous
version of glibc can be totally different from the current version.
The logic for gconv in "make check" doesn't make any senses to me.
Basically, glibc build/check shouldn't use any files from the current
C library on the build machine.

Maybe we should introduce DEFAULT_GCONV_PATH for "make check" to
override default_gconv_path in iconv/gconv_conf.c.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)