breakage under glibc 2.1.94

Hello,
    I was wonder if folks on i386 were having the same experience
I am migrating to glibc 2.1.94 on linuxppc. I have noticed behavior
that suggests the following problem occurs...

1) Program A (built against glibc 2.1.94) is linked with Lib B (built against
glibc 2.1.3). The resulting program runs fine.

2) Now rebuild Lib B against glibc 2.1.94. Program A built in step 1
now breaks. Rebuilding Program A against the new Lib B fixes the problem.

This seems odd to me. Is this really expected behavior or is the
versioning broken somewhat across all platforms for cases like this.
Again it seems that when you rebuild and install libs against
glibc 2.1.94 it doesn't break programs built against glibc 2.1.3
but does break programs that have been previously rebuilt against
glibc 2.1.94 (but linked to libs built against glibc 2.1.3).
Thanks for any hints or comments. As of now the only recourse seems
to be repeated rebuilds of everything against glibc 2.1.94 (blah).
                            Jack Howarth