Re: current CVS compile error

sb> Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes in libc-alpha@sourceware.cygnus.com:
>> OK, I see it now.  You haven}'t used --enable-kernel.  I always do.

sb> No.  The RedHat SRPM I looked at doesn't either.

sb> What am I supposed to set it to?  The kernel in our previous release?
sb> I'm making RPMs, so I don't really want to restrict possible kernel
sb> versions all that much.

You don't need to set it - but you can set it to any kernel number.
glibc will then not work with older kernels.  glibc has a number of
support for older and newer interfaces.  If we know that we've got a
new kernel, we can remove the support for the old interfaces.

>> The default value is missing in your case Andreas' patch is OK.  I'll
>> check it in.

sb> O.K.  I'll give that a shot, thanks.

It should work, I've given it a short test.  Btw. run a full cvs
update including my change to alpha/syscalls.list, otherwise
__setrlimit is missing.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger