Re: need to define _ISOC99_SOURCE

On Jul 31, 2000, Akim Demaille <akim@epita.fr> wrote:

> Here is a proto patch.  I send it mainly because I think we can
> simplify the approach in Autoconf a lot: my proposal always defines
> _GNU_SOURCE and _ALL_SOURCE, I don't think there is any advantage in
> trying to check we run AIX before setting _ALL_SOURCE.

I have mixed feelings about this suggestion.  There may be a couple of
problems in defining these _*_SOURCE flags.  Sometimes they bring in
unwanted declarations and #definitions, sometimes they remove them.
But then, it shouldn't make any difference for packages that check for
everything they need and use symbol names that aren't defined in any
standards.