glibc documentation rebrush

Hello,

during a recent project, I found a few minor errors in the glibc info
documentation, minor, yet frustrating. Judging from that, I guess that
there are a lot of wrong and missing details in there, so I wonder if
anyone is interested in doing a complete rebrush.

At first, I thought about starting a full rewrite, but that's probably
*far* too much for a casual user of C as me... :-)

So, the idea is to

- read the whole document, section by section, rewrite ambiguous parts,
clarify things when needed

- compare documentation of a function with its implementation (there have
been a lot of changes since the doc and the new libc), asking the core
developers for clarifications when necessairy

- check every example source code if it's actually working (some of the
examples in the threads documentation tested didn't!)

- add new examples where needed. In fact, I think that there should be an
example for every function (unless it serves a really trivial task).
Examples usually say more than pages of documentation.

- ask the core developers (those who actually wrote a particular function
or sub-library) to review the re-edited documentation and sync it back with
the distribution

I don't have a deadline to follow and will surely take a *long* of time to
do this, since this is not be my first priority and I am not in a hurry.
However, anyone who wishes to join shall feel free to contact me, since
this task can easily be shared.

Excuse my ignorance, but who maintains the manual pages for the glibc?
(e.g., man 3 printf) These should be in sync with the glibc info page, as
well, so it could be done at the same time...

Greetings,

Hanno

--
Hanno Müller, +49-40-5603170, http://www.hanno.de
Meet the digital politician: http://www.phrasemonger.org

Space is Big / Space is Dark / It's Hard to Find / A Place to Park.