This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc-2.1.91: segfault problem overcome via kludge
- To: "Adam J. Richter" <adam at yggdrasil dot com>
- Subject: Re: glibc-2.1.91: segfault problem overcome via kludge
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:04:47 -0700
- Cc: aj at suse dot de, libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, gafton at redhat dot com
- References: <200007040135.SAA01388@adam.yggdrasil.com>
On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 06:35:33PM -0700, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> H. J. Lu writes:
> >That is strange. I have made sure no DSO will be used until the end
> >of "make install". Something must be changed. The last 3 commands of
> >"make install" should be
> The situation was stranger than that. The segmentation
> fault actually occurred when it was trying to invoke the C compiler
> for some reason, presumably some dependency issue. Before I reported
> the problem, I had already succeeded in reproducing it with glibc-2.1.91
> made from tar files, the only exception being that it did have the
> crypt-2.1 tar file unpacked into it (since I had not seen the announcement
> at the time).
I believe this patch cause the installation problem:
2000-03-17 Cristian Gafton <email@example.com>
* elf/Makefile ($(rtld-version-installed-name)): Delay
replacing existing rtld-installed-name.
($(rtld-installed-name)): Request libc-$(version) be installed too.
replace existing rtld-installed-name using $(symbolic-link-prog).
Does anyone remember what bug it tries to fix?