Re: ldconfig alignment patch

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> Here's a new patch which aligns struct cache_file_new correctly.
> I've tested this on ix86 and alpha.  Could others please also test it?
> David, I'm especially interested in your test results.

Yes, this definitely works here on the Alpha:

        * No more unaligned traps, with both odd and even numbers of
          libs in the cache.

        * New ld.so understands a cache generated by the old ldconfig
          (I tested this by installing libproc.so.2.0.6 in
          <chroot>/lib-foo, adding that to <chroot>/etc/ld.so.conf,
          running /sbin/ldconfig -r from outside the chroot area, then
          running ps - it works)

        * Old ld.so understands a cache generated by the new ldconfig
          (did this by running the built elf/ldconfig from my glibc
          build tree and then running xclock - since /usr/X11R6/lib is
          not in the standard search path)

        * New ldconfig understands a cache generated by the old ldconfig.

        * Old ldconfig understands a cache generated by the new ldconfig.

It looks good.  I'll try to goad the Debian Sparc64 people into trying
it just to make sure it really works :-)

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior GNU/Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile