Re: Build breakage

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 02:26:09PM -0700, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> If you do a cvs diff after your update -A, are there any differences
> to the repository?
Not really:
$ cvs up -A
? ChangeLog.aj
P configure
M elf/Makefile
M manual/math.texi

> I think that maybe once a week, someone needs to do a clean ``cvs export'' and
> do a build from scratch, and then report breakages to the mailing list.
I'm running cvs update some times every day and rebuild glibc afterwards.  Every
so often I start with a fresh build directory.

Ulrich is doing similiar testing - and I don't see directly why Flo and you have
problems but the two of us not.

Therefore I would expect glibc to build on ix86 without problems.  Be assured
that whenever I see a problem on ix86, I'll fix it and send the patches or complain
about it.

AFAIK other problems (besides ix86 and MIPS which I take care of) do have problems.
Jakub just reported problems on alpha, and powerpc still has not changed the
dl-machine.h file and will therefore definitly fail.

> An exported code base much more closely matches what a user will eventually get
> in a release tarball.
The only difference are the CVS files - they shouldn't matter.  The user gets something
different, because Ulrich runs make dist to create the tarball.

> I will try doing this for the next while to see how it goes.
Thanks, testers are always welcome.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger