Re: Build breakage

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 01:58:33PM -0700, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> On 21 Apr 2000, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
> > Date: 21 Apr 2000 13:46:29 -0700
> > From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@oss.sgi.com>
> > To: Kaz Kylheku <kaz@ashi.footprints.net>
> > Cc: libc-alpha@sourceware.cygnus.com, Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
> > Subject: Re: Build breakage
> >

> > Hi Kaz,
> >
> > > Isn't anyone building the 2.2 codebase?
> > I'm building glibc daily.
> > > I've been encountering a build breakage that has been in the main trunk for
> > > some time.
> > >
> > > When building the nss subsystem, there is an error:
> > >
> > >     make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kaz/libc/nss'
> > >     make[1]: *** No rule to make target `nss_files/files-open.c', needed by `db-open.c'.  Stop.
> > >     make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kaz/libc/nss'
> >
> > I've never encountered that problem - but Flo reported it privatly to
> > me and I couldn't locate it so far.
>
> It happened to me twice on clean checkouts. Once on a clean Slackware 7
> box and once on a RH 6.1 system.
>
> Are you the one who is working on nss? The breakage is not going to happen
> to the developer who created the missing file ``files-open.c'' file but
> did not add it to CVS.
I'm not working at nss at the moment at all.

> Does your working copy have a ``files-open.c''?
No - that's why I don't understand what's going on.

What's different in your source tree?

awesome:/data/glibc-2.2:[0]$ ls -R nss
nss:
CVS             digits_dots.c    hosts-lookup.c    nsswitch.conf
Depend          ethers-lookup.c  key-lookup.c      nsswitch.h
Makefile        function.def     makedb.c          proto-lookup.c
Makefile.~1~    getXXbyYY.c      netgrp-lookup.c   pwd-lookup.c
Versions        getXXbyYY_r.c    network-lookup.c  rpc-lookup.c
XXX-lookup.c    getXXent.c       nss.h             service-lookup.c
alias-lookup.c  getXXent_r.c     nss_db            spwd-lookup.c
databases.def   getent.c         nss_files         test-netdb.c
db-Makefile     grp-lookup.c     nsswitch.c

nss/CVS:
Entries  Repository  Repository.old  Root  Root.old

nss/nss_db:
CVS  db-XXX.c  db-alias.c  db-netgrp.c  db-open.c  dummy-db.h  nss_db.h

nss/nss_db/CVS:
Entries  Repository  Repository.old  Root  Root.old

nss/nss_files:
CVS            files-ethers.c  files-key.c      files-parse.c  files-rpc.c
files-XXX.c    files-grp.c     files-netgrp.c   files-proto.c  files-service.c
files-alias.c  files-hosts.c   files-network.c  files-pwd.c    files-spwd.c

nss/nss_files/CVS:
Entries  Repository  Repository.old  Root  Root.old

According to cvs update -A everything is uptodate and I don't have any
additional files or whatever.  I've did just 24h ago a build with a fresh
build directory on i686.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger