Re: syslog and LOG_KERN broken

Hi,

Mark Kettenis:
> As I explained before, we cannot change the current interfaces.  Are
> you suggesting that we add a special entry-point to glibc just for the
> sake of klogd?

You could, for instance, add a flag bit saying "I am klogd and thus I
_mean_it_ when I say zero here".

MHO, that'd be a lot more maintainable than the current solution.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/