Re: libc/1565: getgroups() returns wrong number of supplementary

On 31-Jan-2000 Mark Kettenis wrote:
>  glibc has this nifty feature called name service switch.  It
> can collect its data from several sources (NIS, NIS+, hesiod,
> databases in /var/db, files in /etc) in a transparent fashion.  It is
> much more likely that one of these services duplicates information.
> This is especially true if you use the "db" nss module, since its data
> is generally generated form the data for the "files" nss modules
> (/etc/group).

I understand what you are saying, and since I do believe I am using the db nss
module, it could be the problem, however, the directory /var/db does not exist
on my system

> For now, if the problem annoys you enough, removing "db" from the line
> that starts with "group:" probably will do the trick.

Is that from the file /etc/nsswitch.conf? I do not have that file. There is an
example nsswitch.conf file in my glibc build directory but i never bothered
with it, since my system before did not have nsswitch.conf.

Do I need to create that file and configure the databases in /var/db?

Thanks

--

We place two copies of PEOPLE magazine in a DARK, HUMID mobile home.
45 minutes later CYNDI LAUPER emerges wearing a BIRD CAGE on her head!