Re: 32bit UID support for glibc 2.1.3

 > I want to have a 2.2 patch first.  Currently I'm not wiling to apply
 > the patch to 2.1 and certainly not to 2.1.3.  There was not enough
 > testing, especially compatibility.  Woul you bet that nothing was
 > overlooked?

Ok, I'm outvoted ;-).  I'm currently working on the patch for 2.2.  A
problem is the stat call and therefore I'm looking at it first.

The normal stat call only returns a 16bit uid.  To get 32bit uids we
have to use stat64 and convert struct stat64 to struct stat with
checking for overflow (some entries in struct stat and struct stat64
have different sizes).

Anybody with another idea how to solve the problem?

If the stat patch for glibc 2.2 is ready, I'll send it and do the
rest.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger