Re: glibc 2.1.3pre1

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 09:59:37PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> This release is probably only usable on Linux (not Hurd).  But on
> Linux it should provide several improvements in stability.  Give it a
> try and please also report positive results to this list.

  I compiled my homebrew distribution with it, which compiles out
of itself so it should have given all the development tools a really
good workout.  The only software package that I had that yacked was
isapnptools-1.17 with a bunch of inb/outb problems that I'll look into
shortly (I see -1.21 is out too).  I'm going to burn it onto CD-ROM
and test it out fully on another machine, so we'll see how it does.
It really needs another stage since this one was installed on top of
-2.1.2 and it is always possible that there are lingering files doing
good things, depending on how the glibc goes.  That is going to be many
hours away (compile time) to fully retest that.

PGP signature