Re: glibc-2.1 on PowerPC cannot disable floating-point

> Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:05:15 -0500
> From: Zack Weinberg <zack@rabi.columbia.edu>

> It should suffice to create a sysdeps/powerpc/fpu directory and move
> all the floating-point-related files in sysdeps/powerpc to that
> directory.  I think this is the list:
>
> Versions	bits/fenv.h	bits/mathdef.h	bits/mathinline.h
> e_sqrt.c	e_sqrtf.c	fclrexcpt.c	fe_nomask.c
> fegetenv.c	fegetround.c	feholdexcpt.c	fenv_const.c
> fenv_libc.h	fesetenv.c	fesetround.c	feupdateenv.c
> fgetexcptflg.c	fpu_control.h	fraiseexcpt.c	fsetexcptflg.c
> ftestexcept.c	machine-gmon.h	s_copysign.S	s_copysignf.S
> s_fabs.S	s_fabsf.S	s_fdim.c	s_fdimf.c
> s_fmax.S	s_fmaxf.S	s_fmin.S	s_fminf.S
> s_isnan.c	s_isnanf.S	s_llrint.c	s_llrintf.c
> s_llround.c	s_llroundf.c	s_lrint.c	s_lrintf.S
> s_lround.c	s_lroundf.c	s_rint.c	s_rintf.c
> t_sqrt.c	test-arith.c	test-arithf.c	w_sqrt.c
> w_sqrtf.c
>
> You'll also need to take ieee754 out of powerpc/Implies and add it to
> powerpc/fpu/Implies.  Dist and Makefile may need to be adjusted.

Versions and machine-gmon.h are only partially FPU-dependent, and
you've missed the setjmp code which is also partially FPU-dependent.

If this is really important to people, I can move it up on my priority
list, but right now I'm a little busy.  It also doesn't help that I
have no way to test the result, since I don't have any machines
without a FPU.

I don't understand what people want this for.  What systems do you
have that are so large that they can run glibc, but so small they
can't run a FPU emulator???

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>