Re: FYI: net_{get,adj}time() for glibc-2.0.7 and Linux

On 13 Jan 99, at 10:44, Allen Mcintosh wrote:

> Good news and bad news.
>
> I unpacked Red Hat's source RPM, applied any patches that looked reasonable,
> applied your patch, ran configure and make.  The resulting library installed
> just fine and held up over a reboot (the good news) but ntp_gettime and
> ntp_adjtime weren't in it (the bad news).  I've spent a little while trying
> to figure out why, but the glibc Makefiles are so complex that I can't
> figure out what is missing.  My guess is that one of (1) SUSE and RedHat
> are different in some minor way that has screwed things up (2) you made
> a change to a Makefile somewhere and forgot to put it in the patch, or (3)
> I am unaware of some step that needs to be done when adding new source
> files.

No, if you look closely the files were compiled. I have another
suspect: Dynamic jump tables (or however it is named)
adding new functions must make it to the dynamic loader somehow. I
must admit that I know nothing about that. Maybe Ulrich Drepper can
help us here...

Regards,
Ulrich