Re: Problem with __malloc_hooks :-(

Hello,

> gromit:/tmp:[0]$ ./malloc
> (nil)
> gromit:/tmp:[0]$ ./malloc 1
> 0x8049670

I can't reproduce this with libc-2.1.2 (as you probably expected);
anyway:

> [1]  XEmacs set __malloc_hook as one of its first instructions.

Ah, I think I see, __malloc_hook is now set too _early_ ?  Not a
single malloc() call has happened before main() (quite surprising) ?

Maybe I'm still missing something, but if the problem is that
__malloc_hook is assigned to at the wrong time, then maybe XEmacs
should use __malloc_initialize_hook() (rather than main()) to assign
the hooks just like GNU Emacs does now ?

Regards,
Wolfram.