IPv6/getipnodebyname() Q:

  We're trying to support multi-platform IPv6 in sendmail and we're having
troubles guessing APIs.  Right now, glibc is an oddball because it has
some definitions that imply the new APIs of getipnodebyname() and friends,
but doesn't actually have the function.

  From glibc-2.1.2's <netdb.h>:

!	/* Return entry from host data base for host with NAME.  AF must be
!	   set to the desired address type (either `AF_INET' or `AF_INET6').
!	   FLAGS is some combination of the following AI_* values.  */
!	extern struct hostent *getnodebyname __P ((__const char *__name, int __af,
!						   int __flags));
!
!	#define AI_V4MAPPED	1	/* IPv4-mapped addresses are acceptable.  */
!	#define AI_ALL		2	/* Return both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.  */
!	#define AI_ADDRCONFIG	4	/* Use configuration of this host to choose
!					   returned address type.  */
!	#define AI_DEFAULT	(AI_V4MAPPED | AI_ADDRCONFIG)

  This file is almost identical to glibc-2.0.112's <netdb.h> file.

  Now, digging around in the glibc source I find no use of AI_V4MAPPED,
AI_ALL, AI_ADDRCONFIG or AI_DEFAULT in any file except resolv/netdb.h.
All of the AI_ code seems to be located in the sysdeps/posix/getaddrinfo.c
sourcecode.  I can't find any reference to getipnodebyname either.

  Am I missing anything?

PGP signature