Re: [Jamie Lokier <jamie.lokier@cern.ch>] libc/1067: [glibc-2.1.1] Redundant lseeks from Linux __getdirentries, with fix

Jamie> Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> Jamie send us another report about getdirentries.  This one optimizes
>> away a number of lseek calls.  I didn't check all assertions of the
>> patch.

Jamie> I don't understand.  What do you want me to send?
Nothing for now.
Jamie> A more detailed explanation?

I just forwarded your report to a glibc list and added my comments.
Looking at your patch, it looks fine but I didn't look close enough
and checked your comments (they look ok but I don't have the time for
verifiction).

I forwarded the email to ask others to comment on the patch.

Sorry about the confusion,
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de