Re: Glibc 2.0.104 FAQ proposed improvement

Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@paderborn.netsurf.de> said:
> > Yes. /usr/include/linux --> /usr/src/linux/include/linux, if 2.1 is not in
> > /usr/src/linux, you loose.

> I think there is a misunderstanding. I think what you mean is,
> make include/linux/version.h will only work, if /usr/include/linux
> points to the linux 2.1 source tree, and not to the linux 2.0 source
> tree.

Exactly.

> I have my kernel sources under /src/Linux, and /usr/include/linux points
> to the current linux kernel headers, so it works for me without
> problems.

That is _not_ the default setup. Because it works for you with a
nonstandard setup, you can't assume it will work everywhere. Better add too
much to the instructions than get swamped with dumb questions later ;-)
--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Viņa del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616