Notations for calling Java methods

Hello Per,

I was doing some reading on the various Scheme implementations on the JVM
and saw that both JScheme and SISC and of course Kawa have their own way to
reference Java fields/methods.

Kawa - https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Method-operations.html

JScheme - http://jscheme.sourceforge.net/jscheme/doc/javaprimitives.html

SISC - http://sisc-scheme.org/manual/html/ch08.html#SchemeToJava

I was wondering if you could say more about the variously notations, and
their pros and cons - is there a reason why Kawa did not adopt the Javadot
notation?

Also, I saw that Silk has another technique (
http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~tim/Papers/Reflection99/Old/paper2.html), and
what do you think about that?

Thanks!

--