Re: Environment Introspection

On 09/17/2017 10:42 PM, Peter wrote:
Hello Per!

Thanks for the answers ;)

(This is for implementing a swank server for multiple Schemes,
to make them work with SLIME).
I think supporting the Language Server Protocol is most promising path for
IDE support (including on Emacs), but it's great if you can make Swank/Slime useful.

I haven't looked into it closely yet, but is there an Emacs frontend
that supports unified debugging and inspection? That's the reason I'm
interested in SLIME at all, compared to geiser. I don't just want an
interface to the existing repl, I want actual debugging, inspection and
tracing support ;)

As far as I can tell, the Language Server Protocol does not support debugging.
It handles things like code completion, cross-references, error messages, etc.
I'm guessing LSP-based IDE handle debugging some other wise - if they handle
debugging at all.

Things are working ok so far, I'll just see how far I
get ;)

Once you have something useful, I'd like to see a "how-to" style writeup.

Relatedly, is there any secial support in kawa for stack traces, or
would I just use normal java introspection?

The latter.