Threads and the getResult method

I was trying to use threads as outlined in Section 8.6 ("Threads") of
the manual and was unable to call the getResult method as suggested
there until I added a 'public' modifier to that method's definition in
gnu/mapping/RunnableClosure.java.

I submitted a GitLab pull request, even though this change is trivial,
mainly to exercise that functionality.  It may be preferable to ignore
it and just make the change directly (assuming it is valid).

Regards,

-chaw