Re: import path vs CLASSPATH

On 08/02/17 21:41, Per Bothner wrote:
Depends what you mean by "the program". The path is relative to the *importing* module.
I.e. the source file that contains the import or require form.
Yes, this makes more sense now. It is quite logical, although I did get caught out even after looking at the manual - by thinking the import.path was analogous to CLASSPATH.

Perhaps changing "If the resulting filename is relative, then it is resolved relative to the current root." adding ", which is derived from the name of the source file containing the import/require"
might make it clearer?
That would help make things clearer. I also think the point should be flagged up earlier - the third paragraph could include a similar phrase: "Each path element is combined ... to produce a filename; relative path elements are /relative to the source file containing the import/require/."

--
Peter Lane
http://peterlane.info/scheme.html