Re: functional programming and web services

Thanks!  And great that you're using Kawa for this.

I only skimmed the document, but here are some reactions:

* As a tutorial it's rather on the heavy side, with very
big examples.  The code seems to include a lot of debugging
code making it even bigger.

* It's not obvious from the examples why one would use
Kawa rather than just Java.  (We know ...)

* Using "format" might make the Counter.scm example more compact.
Or maybe using string templates more.  I see some examples
of them already.

* Could SidonieWelcomeR and ResultatGeneralF be written in Scheme
rather than Java?  Note that Kawa does have decent annotation support.
Yes, you need to magically make sure that Scheme.registerEnvironment()
gets called early, but that shouldn't be difficult.

* ResultatGeneralFKawa.scm builds HTML by concatenating strings.
That seems verbose - and dangerous (consider injection attacks).
Have you considered using XML literals?