Re: Can't Compile To A Standalone Application Using Java 8

On 03/01/2016 07:08 AM, burhanuddin baharuddin wrote:

Has anyone managed to compile kawa source code to a standalone application using Java 8?

When I run 'java MyProgram', I always get 'Error: Could not find or load main class MyProgram'.

I did add '--main' argument during compilation.

I can run the program using 'kawa MyProgram' though.

The source file only has '(format #t "Hello, World~%")'. Do I need to define a main function or something?

I would guess a classpath problem.  The classpath needs to include both the directory containing
MyProgram,.class, and the kawa .jar.

The 'kawa' command sets the classpath to include the kawa .jar - but running plain 'java' doesn't.