Re: irc

Hello!

> Well, I'm on right now.  So if anyone wants to chat ...
> I'll try to keep a window up for at least a few days, to see how it goes.

Nice you gave it a new try: stay there for a while and let's invite kawa
developers, maintainers, advanced and not so advanced users, it really is a
fantastic tool to not only to learn but it gives 'incentives', imo

The absolute first thing I do, before reading email, and sometimes even before to
have a coffee is logging to #scheme, #guile, #guix, #clutter, [#clojure, #emacs to a
lesser extend, as needed] and now added #kawa, and always read the logs, first thing
in the morning [BRT, so big 'jet lag' with europe...

	#guile and #guix are logged [gnunet]:

		https://gnunet.org/bot/log/guile
		https://gnunet.org/bot/log/guix

	I never learned as much as by reading the logs and interacting with others
	on #guile and #guix

	good to mention that with experience, you also learn how to select what
	interest you to read/answer, not paying attention to what's not important to
	you ...

I use emacs ERC mode, but for people not using emacs, xchat is a cool tool... and
probably tons of others... but I use emacs

Per,

Cool you try again! It is important developers, maintainers, advanced kawa users to
hang around and answer, when they can, if they are interested,  ... the idea is it
should not take much time, it should not be a 'distraction', but a tool to encourage
each other, quickly solve [small] problems, post links ... and if the quizz is too
'big' [requires to much time to answer on irc, then we suggest the quizer to post a
mail to the ML ...

I did not even try kawa yet, not a single line :) because I wanted to check #kawa
first, if their would be people there, willing to answer and get newbie up and
running ... if no #kawa, for me it is almost a dead end [I mean not sure I can
maintain interest, don't know yet, lt's see]

I'm a 'good' schemer by the way, or I should say good guiler, but close to zero
java, and pretending to remain a zero java guy :)  this said, I have to use/program
imagej for 1 of my customers, and till now I use clojure [because #clojure is
extremely active, and irc wise, people helped me there like crazy, thanks all of them
of course] ... but, I don't like clojure :)

so, i want to try kawa, with some help I should, if i'm not mistaken, 'import' any
java, any jar, and play the same way, I mean in better ways even, then what i can do
using clojure, is this reasonable assumption?

Cheers,
David