Re: Fwd: Switching from Subversion to Git

[Going back to a discussion from October 2014.]

While I'm reasonably content with Subversion, two things have happened to
increase my readiness for a switch to Git:

(1) I created a new project on GitHub, so I've been using git more:

https://github.com/PerBothner/DomTerm

(2) More high-profile GNU projects have or will soon switch to Git:
emacs, gcc, gdb

Emacs specifically is hosted on Savannah:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git

If we still have a volunteer to set up a git repository on Savannah
for Kawa, that would be welcome.  I'm hoping it should be possible to
initially set it up a git mirror, and then after testing switching it
over to be the master.  (That seems to be the plan for gcc - to switch
over an existing repository.)