RE: Using Kawa with Apache Tomcat

> Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 21:36:47 -0700
> From: per@bothner.com
> To: tonys-mailbox@hotmail.com; kawa@sourceware.org
> Subject: Re: Using Kawa with Apache Tomcat
>

>> I made the above change to hello.scm but I still get a blank screen in the browser.
>

> What if the entire hello.scm is just the following
>
> "Hello world\n"
>
>> I downloaded the source (kawa-2.0.tar.gz) and found the testsuite directory, but I can't find /info/+default+ under it.
>
> Sorry, it's actually testsuite/webtest/info/+default+
>
> And it appears it's only in the Subversion sources, but doesn't
> get included in the source tar-balls.
>
> You can get it from here:
> https://sourceware.org/viewvc/kawa/trunk/testsuite/webtest/info/+default+
>
> Given that this file is mentioned in the documentation, I should fix the
> tar-building script to includes this file.
>
> Note I haven't actually tried your example configuration - I'll try tomorrow
> if you can't get it to work with my suggestions.
> --
> --Per Bothner
> per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/

I have tried replacing the contents of hello.scm with just "Hello world\n", and also replacing it with the contents of +default+.

In both cases it continues to show a blank screen.

Some additional information about my setup if this helps:

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
Tomcat version: 8.0.23 (running as a Windows service)
Java version: J2SE 8u45 x64 JDK
Kawa version: 2.0 (the precompiled jar file)

CLASSPATH=.;E:\Languages\Kawa\kawa-2.0.jar;C:\apache-tomcat-8.0.23\lib\servlet-api.jar

Thanks for your help with this by the way.

Tony