kawa improvements for strings and sequences

I checked in a number of neat features recently.
Check out the first few sections here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/news.html

The main still-missing functionality is replacement indexing:
  (set! (seq [i <: j]) new-value)
This would generalize insertion/deletion/replacement.
I have prototype code for this (working for arbitrary java.util.List), but I
need to figure out how to detect and handle if new-value overlaps with seq.

Another issue still unresolved is how to print ranges and indirect-indexing:

#|kawa:1|# [3 <=: 6]
(#sequence 3 4 5 6)

I'm thinking this should display as: [3 4 5 6]
and write as: [3 <: 7]

#|kawa:2|# ([11 12 13 14] [3 2])
(#sequence 14 13)

This should probably print as: [14 13]