Re: Redefinition/re-loading [was: kawa paid support]

On 04/05/2015 02:53 PM, mikel evins wrote:
Yeah, this is already how I do things. I still need to restart Kawa
on pretty much any significant edit, or I get stack traces that
disappear when I do restart it.

I don't pretend to understand the problem deeply, because I've simply
done what I needed to do to make the stack traces disappear. If you
want me to examine things more closely, I'd be happy to do so. We
just need to talk about what you'd like me to try.

Yes, it would be useful to know where the stack trace is coming from.

It would be useful to in each foo.scm add a
  (format #t "loading foo.scm~%")
That will help see which modules are loaded and when.

If you modify function f, you want all modules that depend on f
(directly and indirectly) to get re-loaded.  The exception is f
is used as an untyped procedure value - for example stached somewhere
and then used as the argument to apply.

As a check: I hope you're using require or import, not load to load
your modules.