From: "Per Bothner" <per@bothner.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:44:47 AM
Subject: setting breakpoints in Kawa code?

This is a follow-up to the "Kawa debugging with Eclipse" thread from April 2014.

I recently tried debugging Kawa using NetBeans remote debugging. I ran into a
problem I've seen before: You can't set a breakpoint in Scheme code, because NetBeans
doesn't see it as a source file. Or rather it can map from a JVM (.class) location to
a source file, but not the other way round.

Any suggestions for setting breakpoints in Kawa?
I know about the SchemeWay plugin for Eclipse. Is that still being maintained and working?

This isn't urgent for myself, but it would be helpful to write up some debugging
hints and how-tos for the Kawa manual.

It would also be nice if we could debug using Emacs. However, Helmut says Slime
isn't really functional at this point.

BTW As a separate but related project, I've been playing with console and terminal
emulators. I created a gitbug project:
https://github.com/PerBothner/JWebTerminal
This is something I implemented while working at Oracle. I also wrote a Kawa
interface, but I wasn't able to open-source that cause of the mix of Oracle
and my code. I'm currently re-implementing the core of JWebTerminal in JavaScript,
to make it portable to multiple environments. My opinion is that the "data model"
of a modern terminal emulator should be HTML, and I have a plans for a new Kawa
console based on this.
per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/