Re: Different behavior for -s argument in Kawa 2.0?

Hi Per,

First let me thank you for your quick response when I last emailed the
list asking about r7rs libraries and their behavior.  2.0 is proving
to be really great to work with!

I wish that I could give you a better report than what follows but I
am not sure where to start looking.  With kawa 1.9, running on windows
and using emacs 24.3 (although I have also tried this with 24.4 as
well and experience the same behaviour), launch kawa with -s as an
argument allows me to have a nice repl inside emacs and evaluate
scheme code in another buffer with it. All in all, a nice development
environment.

With kawa 2.0, and changing nothing else in my setup, I am unable to
get kawa to create a repl within emacs.  I can definitely launch kawa
from within emacs by dropping the -s argument, but this creates a java
window to represent the repl and then I lose out on paredit and other
goodies. If I launch kawa from within emacs with the -s argument it
appears as though nothing happens, I can't see the java process
increasing in memory or using cpu, however when I attempt to kill that
buffer emacs will report that there is still a process associated with
that buffer, so maybe kawa is running and just hangs early on.

Anyway, please let me know if you need any additional details, or if I
can do any other investigation for you.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Jeff