Re: require in eval produces IllegalArgumentException

On 12/19/2014 11:35 AM, Jamison Hope wrote:
I've got a library which loads files containing Scheme expressions and
calls eval on them to construct objects (I'm using lists as my data
structure and the reader as my file parser).

This used to work, at least as late as r7521 (my program still works
on a different machine with that version), so something broke after
that.

Now, I get errors which look like:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 0: <eval>
	at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:859)

I checked in a fix for this.  Basically I tweaked the FilePath class to be more
robust, and (in this case) avoid creating a URI.

This still isn't quite right: The magic "filename" "<eval>" is still treated as a
bona fide filename - it just no longer crashes, so it's harmless.