Re: kawa 1.90 released

On 11/09/2014 10:08 AM, Duncan Mak wrote:
With homebrew installed, you just run "brew install kawa" to get Kawa
1.14, and "brew install --devel kawa" to get the latest 1.90.

Would this be a reasonable change to http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Binary-distribution.html
(using texinfo format)?

On MacOs, if you have @uref{brew.sh,Homebrew} installed, get Kawa by doing:
@example
$ brew install kawa
@end example
or to get the development version do:
@example
$ brew install--devel  kawa
@end example

Though note that 1.90 is actually the current release - at least the other
links from the web site point to that.  And I assume ideally --devel should
link to binaries built from a svn (or soon: git) check-out from some automated
build server.

Ideally a binary install should also include the kawa "wrapper" program.
That might be more difficult, at least if using the binary kawa program.
A shell script can provide most of the functionality, though readline
support does need a binary; it could use rlwrap or similar if available.

If we have a build-server for Mac, it could build the kawa wrapper program.

Also: Do we need any Mac-specific instructions/advice about building
from source on MacOs?  I.e. similar to what we have for Windows in
file:///home/bothner/Kawa/web/kawa/Source-distribution.html