Re: parameters not working?

On May 13, 2014, at 9:12 PM, mikel evins <mevins@me.com> wrote:

> On May 13, 2014, at 8:31 PM, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
>
>> Could you write a simple test-program that shows the problem?
>> Note it should be complete and self-contained, and we need to
>> see the command-line(s) you use to compile and run it.
>
> The simple test case I contrived worked, which suggests I need to look more closely at the context there the parameters are defined in the bigger files where it doesn't work.

So presumably some of the code I'm requiring for the app is somehow breaking parameters. I'll have to search more, but clearly the onus is on me; thanks for your help so far.

A simple test in which I define a parameter in one nearly-empty source file and reference it from another works fine.

The context where it's not working is that I'm defining a couple of parameters at the top of a source file after requiring 20 other modules. In that case, a reference to either of the parameters I defined yields #!null.

I'll have to do a binary search of the requires and see where parameters go south.

Thanks again for the help.

--me