Re: Kawa debugging with Eclipse

On 04/23/2014 08:26 AM, Charles Turner wrote:
On 23 April 2014 14:48, Andrea Bernardini <andrebask@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to use Eclipse to build and run Kawa?

It is surely possible, but no one to my knowledge has done that. I
used the Netbeans IDE when working on Kawa. Netbeans is "officially"
supported by Kawa, and the debugger works very well.

NetBeans is supported to the extend of building Kawa, and this is
because NB's build model leverages Ant, which Kawa supports.
Since Kawa requires a multi-stage build (compile .jave files, then
use those to compile .scm files) a straight-forward "Java project"
doesn't work.

Another advantage of NB is that it uses the standard javac, rather
then their own barely-supported compiler.  (Java8 support was
scrambled by volunteers at the last minute, from what I hear.)

However, NetBeans+Kawa doesn't support "incremental compilation"
of Scheme files (i.e. on-the-fly while editing), or lots of other
nice-to-have features.