Re: Google Summer of Code

On 04/13/2014 09:03 AM, Andrea Bernardini wrote:
I think I solved the problem, besides the stack size inconsistency
there was a missing return statement at the end of the switch bytecode,
and after each case.

That doesn't seem right - why should switch automatically cause a
a method return?

And in fact it doesn't work - the test suite has numerous failures.

My recommendation: Run the test-suite early and often.
This is easiest if you're developing on a Unix-like system (e.g.
GNU/Linux or MacOS) and using configure+make (rather than ant builds),
since you just do:
  make check -k >& LOG.CHECK

I stash a copy of LOG.CHECK before I make changes, and compare (with
diff) the result after my changes.

(Recently I've made a number of improvements in the Windows support,
so that 'make check -k' works much better on Windows - tested using
MSYS.  Patches welcome.)

The code handling the numCases > 1 case
automatically inserts the return statements,  instead when numCases <=
1 they have to be inserted explicitly.

Where?   I don't see anything that inserts a return statement.