Re: Kawa compiler verbosity, (compiling SOURCE.src to SOURCE)

On 07/25/2013 09:16 AM, Per Bothner wrote:
> On 07/24/2013 01:37 PM, Marius Kjeldahl wrote:
>>  I do not it belongs to "warnings" as it
>> currently does.
>
> Not sure how to parse that.

Heh, "IT does not..." is what I meant; it's not really a warning, just
an info message about what Kawa is doing.

I suggest taking away the message by default and enabling it with a
verbose flag; that way we have the option to show a lot more when/if
needed as well. Making the verbose flag an int instead of a boolean also
allows multiple levels of verbosity, where the minimum "active" level
could be 1 and match the current behaviour ("show message if verbosity
>= 1").

It also matches the "normal" behaviour of most command line compilers;
if everything works as expected, keep quiet (assume the user knows what
he's doing). Only make noise when something does not work out.

Thanks,

Marius K.