Re: emacs CEDET auto-complete

On 04/17/2013 02:13 AM, Chuah Teong Leong wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to setup emacs for programming in kawa.
Specifically I would like jump to definition and auto-complete
functionality within emacs.
CEDET seemed to be the way to go so it would be helpful if anyone can
verify that cedet works with kawa or at least scheme.

What looks like a big hurdle when using CEDET is that it
assumes a separate parser/analyzer using the Semantic tool.
I don't see how this can reliably work for a language with macros.
like Scheme.  I like what NetBeans does, in that it actually
uses javac to do the parsing and semantic analysis (at least
as far as I understand it).

Perhaps it is possible to hook up Semantic so it communicates
with an inferior Kawa process?

To me, perhaps the most important feature of an IDE is that
given a variable I can "go to definition" and given a
definition I can "show usages".  Doing this reliably means
you need to hook into the language's macro expander.  Otherwise
I might as well use grep.