Re: Kawa build.xml patch for Android

On 07/03/2012 12:11 PM, craven@gmx.net wrote:
Could you try the updated patch?

Thank you! This seems to work perfectly. No more need to remove any files from the jar.

I checked this into SVN.

The only notices I get from ProGuard are:

Note: gnu.kawa.reflect.CompileBuildObject calls
'(gnu.kawa.reflect.CompileBuildObject)Class.forName(variable).newInstance()'
Note: kawa.repl: can't find dynamically referenced class kawa.GuiConsole
Note: kawa.repl accesses a method 'console()' dynamically
       Maybe this is library method 'java.lang.System { java.io.Console
       console(); }'

I'm not sure what kawa.GuiConsole is, I can't find it in the .jar.. Is
this something obsolete?

kawa.GuiConsole is the Swing-based REPL-console: http://per.bothner.com/blog/2007/ReplPane/

It's not in the jar because it depends on AWT and Swing.

If you run kawa.repl without arguments (or with --), Kawa
will try to start a read-eval-print-loop.  It will dynamically
try to decide whether to use kawa.GuiConsole or the System
in/out/err streams, depending on what is available.  I guess
we could compile out those tests on Android.  I'd prefer to do
so depending on --with-swing, but that requires some
configure/Makefile changes.