Re: std_syntax.scm:298:2: unknown compile option: full-tailcalls

On 11/29/2011 01:37 AM, Per Bothner wrote:
On 11/28/2011 07:32 PM, Leo wrote:
I have gotten a new kawa.jar installed but it enters infinite loop while
compiling swank-kawa.scm from slime¹. Ideas?

Leo

Footnotes:
¹ cvs -d
:pserver:anonymous:anonymous@common-lisp.net:/project/slime/cvsroot co
slime

It does so for me too. I've simplified the test case, but I haven't yet figured it out.

I checked in a fix. Once tracked down, it turned out to be embarrassingly simple and obvious: During hygienic macro processing, at some point we remove a Declaration from a ScopeExp. Later on, we add it back to a scope. (The same scope, but the same problem applies if it's a different scope.) I failed to null out the 'next' pointer during the remove operation, so when it later got added back to (the end of) the scope, we ended up with a circular list of Declarations. Oops. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/