Re: Building KAWA on Eclipse?

On Jul 6, 2011, at 1:34 PM, Per Bothner wrote:

On 07/05/2011 01:24 AM, Kwanghoon Choi wrote:
I have a question on building KAWA on Eclipse.
Without Eclipse, it has been successfully built using Ant.
Many errors
are like this. "AndSelector cannot be resolved to a type.
in

@Override public void addAnd(AndSelector selector) {
   usedMatchingTask = true;
   super.addAnd(selector);
}

Jamison, you added gnu/kawa/ant/Kawac.java, which contains the reference to AndSelector. Do you know what that code depends on?

It's a standard class in ant.jar (org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.AndSelector)
which appears to have been added to the project more than 9 years ago:

Could Eclipse (or at least Kwanghoon's version of Eclipse) be using
a version of Ant that is too old?

I suppose it's possible, though I would be surprised if they were using Ant from
9 years ago. AndSelector is present at least as far back as Jakarta Ant 1.5
(see http://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/) which was released...
10 July 2002, according to http://ant.apache.org/faq.html.

It seems much more likely that Eclipse just doesn't have ant.jar in its
classpath, or is using its own stripped-down version or something.

Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group