Re: cond-expand feature testing for presence of a Java class

On Apr 4, 2011, at 11:02 AM, Per Bothner wrote:

On 04/04/2011 06:18 AM, Jamison Hope wrote:
On Apr 4, 2011, at 2:29 AM, Per Bothner wrote:
So there is no compatibility or even pseudo-compatibility reason for
using
the syntax (cond-expand (class:com.example.AClass ...))
Thus I think a slightly more verbose "prefix" would be better:
(cond-expand (class-exists:com.example.AClass ...))

Works here, too. So, "class:" is special; are there other namespace- or
compound-symbol-prefixes that aren't supported and can fail in non- obvious
ways? It would be handy for them to be listed in the namespace section of
the manual.

Not sure what you mean - the point is that "class:" is *not* special as
a prefix (in the XML "qualified name" or Kawa/CommonLisp "compound name"
sense), though it may be special as the URI scheme of a namespace URI.

I guess I misunderstood, then. I thought you were motivated to change from
"class:" to "class-exists:" because there was something particular about
the string "class:" which would prevent Translator#namespaceResolve(Object)
from functioning properly for (cond-expand (class:foo ...)) to work as
expected.

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group