Re: Q2 - "new" Kawa language

* Per Bothner [2010-11-15 06:53] writes:

> I've made some major changes to Q2, a new language I've been
> trying to figure out.  I'd be interested in comments on:
>
> http://per.bothner.com/blog/2010/Q2-extensible-syntax
>
> This is a draft (it's basically ready, but I haven't updated the pages
> that link to it);
> if you catch an error, or you find something unclear, please let me know.

In the section "Indentation as blocks"

  f1 a b c d (f2 e f (define x (g + 10); 2 * x); f4 i j)

  Each "block" can evaluate to zero, one, or multiple values. The inner
  block has two sub-expressions: The define provides 0 values, and the
  other yields a single number. Thus f3 is called with 3 arguments: e, f,
  and the value of 2 * x. The other block consist of the calls two f2 and
  f4. Assuming these each return a single value, as do a and b, then f1 is
  called with 4 parameters.

The text talks about f3, but there is no f3 in the code.

Are the parenthesis tokens ( and ) reserved or user (re-)definable?

Helmut