Re: strange error

On 03/01/2010 08:12 AM, alex mitchell wrote:
Hi Yaroslav,

Looks like the same error I'm getting compiling in Windows, which I reported
yesterday. I found that reverting to rev 6493 allows me to compile. Any
newer version gives the error you reported.

Note that I don't have any problem compiling in MacOS or Ubuntu.

You'd have the same problem compiling in MacOS or Ubuntu if you used ant, rather than make.

It was actually a typo: evalToResultValue vs evalToResultvalue.
It didn't come up using make, because the ant build compiles
all the files, but the make build only compiles files depending
on configuration, and the default is Java5, which doesn't have
javax.script.

(I'm considering making Java6 the default.  The pre-built
binaries compile with Java6 features, but Java5 classfiles.)

(There is some configuration magic for the ant build, too,
but it most does auto-configuration - and it any case it
doesn't check for javax.script.)

So once I figured out what was going on, it was a pretty
trivial fix!