Re: Embedding a REPL in a Java application

On Nov 18, 2009, at 2:15 AM, Per Bothner wrote:

Not sure what's going on.  What happens with a shared repl is that
it creates a (thread-specific) environment, and then sets that to
share (indirect to) the parent environment.  I suspect the problem is
that the "parent environment" in our case ends up being something
unsuitable (for a reason I'm not clear on).

That's (more or less) what I figured. I'm still trying to grok what exactly goes on behind the scenes with repls and Environments and Threads (oh my!).

Perhaps creating a fresh environment before you start, and then
passing that for each shared REPL would work.  Right now I'm a
bit swamped with my day job, but I'll try to look at it when
I get a chance.

OK, thanks, I know how that is. Luckily(?) for me, this *is* my day job right now (well, part of it, anyway). If I make any discoveries I'll be sure to post.

Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group