Re: kawa numerics unstable

Thanks for the heads-up on this. Yes, the latest version does indeed break
some of my code...

Would the best strategy be to stick with an earlier rev (6365 seems to be ok
for most of my code) and wait for things to settle down?

By the way, I already noticed some performance problems as a result of
recent changes (something between 6330 and 6365), but interestingly only on
MacOS, and only in some 2D graphics code. Any suggestions for tools that I
could use to profile my code? It seems that tools such as Shark don't
support 64-bit profiling, and Java 2 SE is only available as 64-bit on MacOS
10.5.x. I'm not sure if Instruments supports Java profiling in the same way
that Shark does, and I'm not sure if upgrading to Snow Leopard, where
everything is 64-bit, will give me the tools that I need.

Any Mac users out there with any suggestions? :)

thanks!
Alex