Re: Question about porting mzscheme code

* D. O'Keeffe [2009-02-08 02:37+0100] writes:

> Hey all, I'm trying to determine the best way to port some code I have
> written in mzscheme to be used by a java program. I've been looking
> into both kawa and sisc. Performance isn't especially critical, as I'm
> only using it as part of a simulation/experiment I need to perform for
> a paper I'm writing. The code depends on the plt scheme parser-utils
> library, but other than that I don't think it contains anything that
> might present too many problems. However, I'm relatively new to scheme
> (this code is the first (and only!) project I've written in it), and
> time is of the essence. If anyone can tell me which approach is likely
> to be quicker (or of a better approach) I'd appreciate it. Thanks, D

Perhaps you don't need to port it all if you can write the input for the
Scheme program to a file or a socket and run mzscheme as a subprocess of
Java.  If you can use Kawa's read/write procedure you don't even need to
invent a special format that can be easily parsed by mzscheme.

Helmut.