Default Namespace

Hi,

Is it possible to change the default namespace? Moreover, what's the
default namespace if there isn't defined/used any? Consider I define a
namespace via below command.

  (define-namespace comm-bridge "http://rd.foocorp.com/comm-bridge";)

Do I have to to explicitly specify the namespace each time? For
instance,

  (define (comm-bridge:trace-channel channel-matches? log-package)
    ...)

BTW, this could be a trivial question but would anybody mind making a
brief explanation of the differences between a Java package and a Kawa
namespace?

Regards.