Re: HTTP class moves to gnu.kawa.servlet when built from source

Ethan Herdrick wrote:
I'm trying to patch in the changes of revision 6041 to the file
kawa.standard.Scheme to a build of Kawa 1.9.1.  This is because I want
to be able to pass in the HTML node creating functions, like html:a,
into higher-order functions, which isn't possible with the current
pre-built binary (Kawa 1.9.1).

I would recommend takeing a snapshot of SVN and using that instead,

When I compile it, using Ant, I get the following message:

servlet-classes:
     [kawa] (compiling
C:\kawa-1.9.1-clean-source\kawa-1.9.1\gnu\kawa\servlet\HTTP.scm to
gnu.kawa.slib.HTTP)

Sure enough, when I try to use it, I get:
"javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException: no such
class: gnu.kawa.servlet.HTTP"  So I need to either make HTTP.scm be
compiled under gnu.kawa.servlet package, or make (require 'http)
understand where the HTTP class is now found.

You can tweak the table in kawa/standard/require.java.

By the way, why does this happen? Why does HTTP end up in this other package?

I don't know. But the HTTP module did use to be in gnu.kawa.servlet. However, it looks like that was moved a year before 1.9.1. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/